The Clinical Trials Track of Flanders Vaccine organises its first symposium, “Recruitment in clinical trials for vaccines and immunotherapeutics: Challenges and innovative approaches” on December 19th, 2017 in Brussels.
We would like to bring together all stakeholders for an inspiring afternoon to stimulate collaboration and find new and innovative ways to improve patient recruitment in clinical trials. If you are involved in recruiting study patients, this seminar is a must for you and gives you the opportunity to connect with relevant stakeholders.
Venue: FOD-WASO, Ernest Blerotstraat 1, 1070 Brussels (building on the opposite of the exit “hortaplein” of Brussels South railway station)
How to reach FOD-WASO?
- By train: on walking distance from the exit “Hortaplein” of railway station Brussels South/Midi.
- By car: you can park your car in the public QPark (entrance 1:Ernest Blerotstraat 1, 1070 Brussels, entrance 2:Frankrijkstraat 40, 1060 Brussels). If you park your car at -6, you can get your parking ticket validated for free at the FAMHP building.
- Instructions for validation of parking ticket:
To park at level – 6 at the Q-Park near “Midi Station”, take a ticket at the entrance of the car park and go down to level – 4.
Insert then your ticket at the barrier and drive further down until level – 6. The validation of your ticket is only accepted if you parked your car at level – 6. Then take the lift, go up to level 0 and exit on place Victor Horta. Don’t forget your ticket in your car since you need to get it validated at the reception of the FAMHP (Eurostation II building) before returning to the parking.
- Flanders Vaccine member: 35 EUR (VAT excluded)
- Non-Flanders Vaccine member: 70 EUR (VAT excluded)
13:00-13:05: Introduction by Professor Pierre Van Damme, Vice Chairman, Flanders Vaccine
13:05-13:20: Presentation of the Centre of Excellence
by Greet Musch, General Director, FAMHP
13:20-13:40: Vaccine clinical trials in Belgium and Europe: analysis of the landscape
by Stephanie Mali (coordinator Centre of Excellence for Vaccines, FAMHP) & Benjamin Bracke (GSK Future Leaders Program Associate)
13:40-14:00: Position of Belgium for clinical trials and new initiatives for recruitment
by Kristel De Gauquier, Medical Director, Pharma.be
14:00-14:20: Panel Discussion
Moderator: Professor Pierre Van Damme, Vice Chairman, Flanders Vaccine
Panel members: above mentioned speakers, Dirk Reyn (Vice Chairman of Flandersbio)
14:50-15:10: Ethics of Recruitment
by Professor Dr Patrick Cras, Ethical Committee, University Hospital Antwerp
15:10-15:30: Innovative ways for patient recruitment
by Patricia Slachmuylders, Patient Recruitment Manager, Pfizer
15:30-15:50: Digital health media in clinical trials
by Linde Buntinx, doctoral student, KULeuven
15:50-16:10: Panel Discussion
Moderator: Professor Corinne Vandermeulen, Board of Directors, Flanders Vaccine
Panel members: above mentioned speakers, Veerle Aertsen (EUPATI) and Professor Sylvie Rottey (Vice Chairman of BAPU)
16:10-16:20: Closing of the Day by Professor Geert Leroux-Roels, Board of Directors, Flanders Vaccine
16:20-17:20: Networking reception
For REGISTRATION, click here
Deadline: December 13, 2017
For SPONSORSHIP, please contact email@example.com
– Booth (1 entrance ticket included): 500 EUR (VAT excluded)
– Coffee Break (2 entrance tickets included)*: 500 EUR (VAT excluded)
– Closing reception (2 entrance tickets included)*: 800 EUR (VAT excluded)
* Coffee break and Closing reception sponsorships include also the opportunity to display promotional materials & logo will be projected in conference room and presented at catering point.