On 22 January, IMI launched IMI2 – Call 20 with funding opportunities in cancer, tuberculosis, vaccines, psoriatic arthritis and drugs based on proteins. The Call has a total budget of EUR 273 million.
IMI will contribute EUR 133 million to the projects funded under the Call; these funds come from Horizon 2020 and will support the participation in the projects of organisations such as universities, small and medium-sized enterprises, and patient groups. EFPIA companies and IMI Associated Partners will contribute EUR 140 million, mostly as ‘in kind’ contributions (e.g. staff time, access to equipment, etc.).
The full list of topics is:
- Early diagnosis, prediction of radiographic outcomes and development of rational, personalised treatment strategies to improve long-term outcomes in psoriatic arthritis
- Innovations to accelerate vaccine development and manufacture
- Academia and industry united innovation and treatment for tuberculosis (UNITE4TB) (This topic is part of the IMI AMR Accelerator Programme)
- Tumour plasticity
- Proton versus photon therapy for oesophageal cancer – a trimodality strategy
- Handling of protein drug products and stability concerns
The deadline for submitting short proposals is 21 April 2020.
- Read IMI’s press release
- Get details of the topics and information on how to apply on the IMI2 – Call 20 page