Flanders Vaccine Elevator Pitch session ‘Connecting the dots’
Flanders Vaccine is organising an Elevator Pitch session ‘Connecting the dots’ on Knowledge for Growth (19th May 2022, 2 – 3 PM), the annual business conference of flanders.bio, attracting each year several decision makers, investors, renowned researchers, policymakers and competence providers from all fields of the Life Sciences sector.
One of the main goals of Flanders Vaccine is to bridge the gap between academic research and corporate development by creating awareness about early stage, pre-competitive novel technologies available in the Flanders Vaccine network.
The Flanders Vaccine Elevator Pitch session offers a unique opportunity to connect academic researchers, entrepreneurs, TTO’s, business managers, scientific advisors and investors within the field of Vaccines and Immunotherapy.
Four talented researchers and budding entrepreneurs will present their innovative project to an audience of potential partners and will benefit from the extensive scientific and business experience of the expert panel.
1. AstriVax – a novel vaccine platform company addressing real-world vaccine challenges
- Presenting author: Hanne Callewaert, entrepreneur in residence for KU Leuven
- Organisation: AstriVax (in incorporation) – KU Leuven (Rega Institute)
2. Tumor-derived dendritic cells as novel therapy to prevent cancer relapse and metastasis
- Presenting author: Sofie Deschoemaeker, postdoctoral scientist at the Myeloid Cell Immunology lab
- Organisation: VIB-Vrije Universiteit Brussel
3. MucoVac – Targeting to aminopeptidase N as a gateway through the gut barrier
- Presenting author: Hans Van der Weken, postdoctoral researcher at the laboratory of veterinary immunology
- Organisation: Ghent university
4. A phase Ib/II clinical trial on intratumoral autologous myeloid dendritic cell therapy in combination with AS01B adjuvant and immune-checkpoint blockade
- Presenting author: Jens Tijtgat
- Organisation: Medical Oncology Department UZ Brussel – LMMO Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Panel of experts
- Joris Vanderlocht, Senior Business Analyst & Immunology Expert, Bioqube Ventures
- Kirezi Kanobana, Team Lead Innovation, VLAIO
- Jan Langermans, Chair Vaccine Product Platform, EATRIS
- Erwin Blomsma, entrepreneur and CEO of Virovet
- Paul Soons, Early Development Expert, J&J Innovations
- Thursday May 19th 2022
- Session Preventive Medicine, 2 – 3 PM
- Venue: ICC, Ghent, Belgium
- More information: Knowledge for Growth 2022
For any further information, please contact:
Flanders Vaccine Project Manager: