ECMIS 2019 symposium, E. coli and the Mucosal Immune system will be held from the 2nd to the 5th June 2019 at the Convention Centre “Het Pand”, Ghent University, Belgium, where it will bring together researchers with special interest in pathogenic and probiotic E. coli and their interaction with mucosae and the associated immune system.
Topics in relation with E. coli and the immune system:
- Infection and innate immunity, immunosuppression and/or immunostimulation: EPEC/ETEC/STEC/EHEC/APEC/UPEC/EAEC/DAEC
- Man, mice, pigs, cattle, sheep, poultry
- Host-pathogen interaction
- Modulation of expression bacterial virulence factors by mucosal host cells and of mucosal defense mechanisms by the bacteria
- Microbial recognition receptors
- Influence on innate immunity, training and memory
- Colonization factors and their receptors
- Vaccination and passive immunisation
- Natural antimicrobials
The conference is now open for registration and for abstract submission, for further information and to register please do so here: www.ecmis.ugent.be
The seminar is also open for sponsoring so please contact Eric Cox directly if you are interested in sponsoring this event.