In light of recent developments regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, Flanders Vaccine has decided to turn Immunity for Health 2020 into a unique evening hybrid event on October 8th 2020 from 5 – 9 PM (CEST) combining a “live” in-person event with a virtual component.
The theme of this year’s edition is “Vaccine Hesitancy: Where are we today?”
Immunization has been proven to prevent disease, yet many parents are still hesitant to vaccinate their children. Health education and communication of correct and scientific-based information are certainly the major keystones to improve the current situation of non-grounded fears for vaccines and vaccination.
The current coronavirus crisis inevitably affects the view of the general public on the importance of vaccines and vaccination. At the same time, it also sheds light on the significance of communication, especially about the safety of vaccines.
This 5th edition of Immunity for Health will bring people together from diverse sectors to discuss emergent vaccine hesitancy challenges and evidence-based ways to address them.
Renowned experts from the field will present different perspectives on strategies to enhance vaccine acceptance, related to the 3 components of vaccine hesitancy: vaccine convenience, vaccine confidence and vaccine complacency. The Chair of the sessions is Prof. Corinne Vandermeulen, KU Leuven.
17:15 KEYNOTE: The Last Mile, pivot point in the End-To-End vaccine supply chain system (Europe & LMIC) by Prof. Nico Vandaele, Professor of Operations Research and Operations Management, Access-To-Medicines Research Center, KU Leuven, Belgium
17:50 SESSION: Vaccine Supply & Safety
– Quality control of vaccines (Europe), by Dr. Lieke Van Der Aa, Scientist, Quality control of Vaccines and Blood Products, Sciensano
– Project Vaxsure, by Tine Decoene
18:20 KEYNOTE: Vaccine Confidence and impact of COVID-19, by Prof. Heidi Larson, Anthropologist, Director of The Vaccine Confidence Project™, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, UK
18:55 DINNER BREAK
19:25 KEYNOTE: Digital gamification to enhance vaccine knowledge in children, by Siff Malue Nielsen, Consultant Vaccine-preventable Diseases and Immunization programme, WHO Regional Office for Europe
20:00 PANEL DEBATE, moderator: Prof. Pierre Van Damme (UAntwerp), with health professionals:
- Prof. Dr. Marc Raes – Head of the Paediatric department at Jessa Hospital, Hasselt and president of the Belgian Society of Paediatrics (BVK/SBP)
- Prof. Dr. Pierre Smeester – Head of Paediatric Department and Director at Molecular Bacteriology Laboratory from the Queen Fabiola Children’s University Hospital at the Free University of Brussels (ULB)
- Dr. Veerle Vekeman – General Practitioner, Medical Policy, Opgroeien|Kind & Gezin
- Dr. Katelijne Van Hoeck – General Practitioner, POC, Preventieve Gezondheidszorg, CLB
Who should attend Immunity for Health 2020?
If you are a medical doctor, nurse, pharmacist, researcher, vaccine manufacturer, policy maker, parent or any other person interested to hear about strategies to enhance vaccine acceptance, don’t wait any longer and join us on October 8 at Immunity for Health !
Join Immunity for Health 2020 as a sponsor!
You can be part of Immunity for Health and enlarge the visibility of your company by applying for the Immunity for Health 2020 sponsorship package at € 1500 (21% VAT excl.)
Benefits for your organisation:
- Acknowledgement of sponsors during the event
- Company logo on e-mail announcements
- Company logo on webpage of the event
- Company logo on display screen during event
- Company flyer at registration desk
- 2 free registration tickets (on site or remotely use)
For more information, contact Fran Van Heuverswyn: email@example.com.
Join Immunity for Health 2020 “live” or remotely from the comfort of your (home) office !
Attending “Live” (limited number of places)
- Flanders Vaccine member: 40 EUR (+21% VAT)
- Flanders Vaccine non-member: 80 EUR (+21% VAT)
Attending “Online” (access to live streaming + Q&A)
- Flanders Vaccine member: 30 EUR (+21% VAT)
- Flanders Vaccine non-member: 50 EUR (+21% VAT)
- Students (bachelor/master and PhD students): free of charge
Registration closes at October 1st , 2020
After registration, you will receive an invoice which can be paid online or by creditcard. After payment and closer to the event, you will receive a confirmation email and login link for online participation (only for online participants). Please check your mailbox the first week of October 2020.
Important notice regarding COVID-19: Please be aware that you will need to follow the organizer’s safety policies, as well as local laws and restrictions. Maintaining a distance of 1.5 m and wearing a face mask is mandatory.
More information about accessing the venue via the website of Zuiderpershuis.
Zuiderpershuis is located on the Gedempte Zuiderdokken, on the corner of the Waalsekaai and the Timmerwerfstraat. Within walking distance of the Groenplaats and the historic center. The location in Antwerp South is easily accessible by public transport:
- from Antwerp-Central station, take premetro 3/5/9/15 towards Groenplaats or bus 1 towards Hemiksem/13 towards Polderstad to the Montigny stop;
- from Antwerp-Berchem station, take bus 30 in the direction of Zuid to the Waterpoort stop;
- Antwerp-South station, take Tram 4 and buses 180-183/291/295 in the direction of the center and get off at the Museum (KMSKA).
There is ample parking space on the Gedempte Zuiderdokken in front of the Zuiderpershuis. More parking can be found on the Schelde quays along the Cockerillkaai and the Sint-Michielskaai.
This event is supported by our strategic partners:
Founding partners of Flanders Vaccine:
Notifications received upon 1 week before the start of the event, get refunded for 100%. Cancellation requests received less than 1 week before the start of the event won’t be refunded. No-shows on the day of the event, for both “live” and online attendance, will not be refunded and are requested to pay the full fee. Replacement by a colleague is always allowed and should be reported to the organizers.