The International Society for Vaccines (ISV) along with the University of Georgia Center of Vaccines and Immunology are pleased to announce that the ISV Virtual Congress – North America Influenza Vaccine Symposium will be held on Wednesday, December 2nd and registration is OPEN!
Leading researchers and developers across North America will be sharing research progress on their current vaccine programs toward the goal of developing universal influenza vaccines.
Visit https://isvcongress.org/ to register and view the finalized program.
The Congress is free to all worldwide scientists with an interest in vaccines however pre-registration is required. Space is limited and ISV members will have priority.
The Virtual Congress will present an excellent speaker panel:
- Dr. Ted Ross, the current president of ISV and Symposium organizer, will chair the opening session.
- The opening speaker is Dr. George Georgiou (University of Texas) who will focus on the molecular deconvolution of the serological antibody repertoire to influenza vaccination.
- The second speaker is Dr. Kathleen Neuzil (University of Maryland) who will be discussing human challenge models and their role in the evaluation of influenza vaccines
- Drs. Andreas Handel (University of Georgia) and Nicholas Heaton (Duke University) will focus on influenza vaccine improvements including homologous and heterologous protection as well as viral genetic approaches.
- Drs. Elaine Reed (University of California, Los Angeles) and Lara Mahal (University of Alberta) will cover basic research including glycosylation and system-based approaches to profile natural infection and vaccine responses.
- Drs. Tony Moody (Duke University) and Florian Krammer (Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai) will serve as session chairs.
Date and time for the Virtual Congress:
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Los Angeles 07.00-09.45
New York 10.00-12.45
The Virtual Congress will be hosted via Microsoft Teams Live Event. For best viewing experience: download the free Teams Desktop Application HERE prior to the meeting.
The link to the Virtual Congress will be sent by email to those registered within 2 days of the Congress. For those registering after November 29th or who do not receive the email link, the Live Event link will be active on the www.ISVCongress.org homepage on December 2nd. Click the link and choose to join and you will be directed into the event.