On October 15th 2019 Flanders Vaccine is happy to host its forth edition of “Immunity for Health”: the Flanders Vaccine annual flagship event where all stakeholders, both from the human and animal health sector, working in the field of immunology, vaccinology, immune-oncology and infectious diseases are invited to meet, interact and start collaborations.
The theme of this year’s edition is “Therapeutic Vaccines & Immunotherapy“.
Flanders Vaccine is honoured to welcome the pioneer of immunotherapy, Dr. Thierry Boon, Emeritus Professor of the Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) as opening keynote speaker of Immunity for Health. Dr. Boon and his coworkers identified in 1991, the first human tumor-specific antigen recognized by T-lymphocytes. We look forward to be inspired by his talk.
Prof David C. Wraith, Director of the Institute of Immunology and Immunotherapy and Professor Immunology at the University of Birmingham, UK David C. Wraith is an immunologist who has worked in the field of T cell biology for over 35 years. He is best known for his ground-breaking work on autoimmunity and immunotherapy. We are delighted to welcome him as keynote speaker, who will close the day by sharing his thoughts on the future of immunotherapy.
Venue: University Hasselt (Old Prison building), Martelarenlaan 42, 3500 Hasselt, Belgium (15 minutes walking from the train station)
- Flanders Vaccine members: 70 EUR (+ 21% VAT)
- Non-Flanders Vaccine members: 120 EUR (+ 21% VAT)
- Students: 50 EUR (+ 21% VAT)
08:30: REGISTRATION and welcome coffee
09:30: OPENING KEYNOTE: The identification of tumor-specific antigens by Prof Thierry Boon, Emeritus Professor of the Université Catholique de Louvain
10:05: Recent developments of engineered poxviruses for oncolytic virotherapy, and anti-tumor vaccination by Dr Eric Quéméneur, Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) and Executive Vice-President (EVP) of Transgene S.A., France
10:30: COFFEE BREAK
11:00: The pursuit of tolerance: development of a cell-based therapy for multiple sclerosis by Prof Nathalie Cools, Antwerp University
11:25: Pitch session
- Relevance of the tumor microenvironment in the development of combined immuno therapy in ovarian cancer – Prof. Dr. An Coosemans, KU Leuven
- MinTR: Digital Immune Drug Development Platform – Pieter Meysman, MinTR UA spin-off
- Oral antibodies for targets in the GI tract – Vikram Virdi, VIB-UGent
- Asylia preliminary diagnostic assay to differentiate patients at a high risk of hyperprogressive disease following immune checkpoint blockade – Dr. Anna Kostikova, Asylia
12:15: LUNCH & networking (1,5h)
13:45: Combination immunotherapy: dendritic cell therapy in combination with oncolytic virotherapy or immune checkpoint inhibition by Prof Bart Neyns, Medical Oncology, UZ Brussel
14:10: A new hope for acute leukemia: from stem cell transplantation to T-cell therapy by Prof Tessa Kerre, Head of Clinic Hematology, Ghent University Hospital, Senior clinical researcher, FWO
14:35: Pitch session
- Anti-IL-1 therapy in autoinflammatory syndromes – Prof. Dr. Jeroen van der Hilst, UHasselt
- eTheRNA immunotherapies: applying mRNA-based immunotherapies to the treatment of cancer – Marina Cools, eTheRNA immunotherapies N.V.
- Immunogenicity and safety of HBAI20 Hepatitis B vaccine in healthy non-responders: double-blinded, randomized, controlled phase 2 trial – Drs. Özgür Koc, UHasselt
- Pitch 4
15:20: COFFEE BREAK
15:50: CLOSING KEYNOTE: The Future of Immunotherapy: A 20-Year Perspective by Prof David C Wraith, Director Institute of Immunology and Immunotherapy, University of Birmingham, UK
15:20: PANEL DISCUSSION with experts from the field
16:50: CLOSING REMARKS
17:00: Networking reception
More information via the website of University Hasselt.
You can be part of Immunity for Health and reserve your spot on the exhibitor market! Please keep in mind that the number of booths is limited.
Or, enlarge the visibility of your company by applying for one of our sponsorship packages (see table).
This year, you can also choose to support the netwerking session during lunch (GOLD – NETWORKING SPONSOR – 2000 €). You will enjoy the same benefits as the GOLD – Lunch sponsor, with announcement of your logo on the networking app, on the screen and on the networking tables.
We can also work with you to customize a sponsorship package tailored to your unique needs and budgets.
Indicated prices are exclusive 21% VAT.
For more information, contact Fran Van Heuverswyn: email@example.com.
This event is supported by our strategic partners:
Notifications received upon 2 weeks before the start of the event, get refunded for 100%. Cancellation requests received less than 2 weeks before the start of the event won’t be refunded. No-shows on the day of the event will not be refunded and are requested to pay the full fee. Replacement by a colleague is always allowed.