📢 IMPORTANT NOTICE: The webinar will start at 20h15 CET instead of 20h00 CET, and ends at 22h15 CET instead of 22h00 CET.
On March 11, 2021 Flanders Vaccine is organizing its 3rd webinar on COVID-19.
Europe is still experiencing significant challenges due to the corona pandemic. Yet, there is hope; thanks to the prioritized and safe development of several COVID-19 vaccines, the vaccination campaigns could be rolled out in many countries.
To help you gain a better understanding of the different types of COVID-19 vaccines available, I would like to invite you to attend the Flanders Vaccine’s webinar and discuss:
- How do these different types of vaccines work? What is their mechanism of action?
- What do the phase 3 study results tell us about the safety, tolerability, immunogenicity and efficacy of the vaccines?
- Are these different types of vaccines protective against current and upcoming COVID-19 variants?
- What measures are being taken to ensure the safe and effective use of COVID-19 vaccines?
The latest scientific research data will be shared by renowned expert and key questions will be addressed during the panel debate, moderated by Prof. Dr. Pierre Van Damme, UAntwerp and Prof. Dr. Isabel Leroux-Roels, UGhent & University Hospital of Ghent.
- Prof Jean-Michel Dogné, University of Namur, FAMHP pharmacovigilance expert, EMA PRAC member
- Prof Piet Maes, virologist at Rega Institute, KU Leuven
- Dr. Marco Cavaleri, Head of Biological Health Threats and Vaccine Strategy, Clinical Trials and Manufacturing Task Force, European Medicines Agency
- Dr. Johan Van Hoof, Global Head Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, Janssen Vaccines
- 2nd panel expert to be confirmed
|20u20||Efficacy & safety of COVID-19 vaccines marketed in Europe
by Prof. Jean-Michel Dogné, University of Namur, FAMHP pharmacovigilance expert, EMA PRAC member
|20u55||Epidemiology and genomic characterisation of COVID-19 virus variants
by Prof. Piet Maes, Rega Institute, KU Leuven
|21u10||Perspectives for next generation COVID-19 vaccines
by Dr. Marco Cavaleri, Head of Biological Health Threats and Vaccine Strategy, Clinical Trials and Manufacturing Task Force, European Medicines Agency
|21u30||Panel debate / Q&A with speakers & vaccine producers|
* Accreditation request is being processed
The webinar will be in English.
Who should join the webinar
- Primary health care providers (GP’s, nurses, pharmacists, …)
- All worldwide scientists with an interest in COVID-19 vaccines
- Students Medicine and Life Science
You can join this Flanders Vaccine webinar for free, but registration is requested and limited.
The participation link will be shared with you in the confirmation email before the start of the event.
This webinar is supported by: