IMI has launched the last Calls for proposals under the IMI2 programme. IMI2 – Call 22 is a single-stage Call for proposals designed to support research activities that will build on, and add value to, results from certain ongoing IMI2 projects. IMI2 – Call 23 is a standard, two-stage Call for proposals with the following topics:
- Returning clinical trial data to study participants within a GDPR compliant and approved ethical framework
- Modelling the impact of monoclonal antibodies and vaccines on the reduction of antimicrobial resistance
This topic is part of IMI’s Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Accelerator programme.
- A platform for accelerating biomarker discovery and validation to
support therapeutics development for neurodegenerative diseases
- Optimal treatment for patients with solid tumours in Europe through artificial intelligence
- Shortening the path to rare disease diagnosis by using new born genetic screening and digital technologies
- Behavioural model of factors affecting patient adherence
IMI will contribute a total of EUR 59 million to the projects funded under the Calls. EFPIA companies and IMI Associated Partners will contribute EUR 47 million, mostly as ‘in kind’ contributions (e.g. staff time, access to equipment, etc.).
Pierre Meulien, IMI Executive Director commented: ‘These final IMI2 Calls showcase the areas where IMI is best placed to make a difference. The topics on antimicrobial resistance, neurodegenerative disease and rare diseases demonstrate our commitment to addressing unmet medical needs that are too complex for any single organisation to solve alone. Our topics on clinical trial data and patient adherence are aligned with our principle of putting patients at the centre of our work. And the topics on artificial intelligence contribute our goal of linking up with other sectors active in health research.’
As usual, IMI held webinars on all Call topics as well as IMI’s rules and procedures and opportunities for SMEs. The slides and recordings of all webinars are available on the IMI website. We have also published lists of participants, and these are a good source of leads for people looking for potential partners for their consortium. Visit the webinars page of the IMI website
Full details of the Calls, including details of how to apply, can be found at:
The submission deadline (for full proposals for IMI2 – Call 22, and short proposals for IMI2 – Call 23) is 29 September 2020.